Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My 23 jewel Sangamo Special "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I'm still looking for a case for my 17sz 23 Jewel Illinois Sangamo Special. Dave Abbe was kind enough to send a Gold filled case we was hoping that it would of fit. No Such luck. So I decided to open up a Silveroid case till I can find something that is closer to what should be on it. Not to bad of of watch / movememt for $150.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
With out the scratched up crystal. It does have a couple oh hairlines in the dial.

IHC Life Member
posted
Here is the heart beat of this old timer. Serial # is 3862415.

posted
Very very nice, and a good price.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
posted
Eugene-

I purchased a sangamo marked case about a month ago. It does have slight slivers of brassing showing, but is a very good case none the less. you can email me at jaredbrinker@hotmail.com if interested.

Thanks,

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Member 1338
posted
Eugene;

You've got a Model 10 40 hr 17 size I think. Ser# range is right
for 17 size. That's your dilemma. Last one of those I had was about 10 years ago. You'll have to hope you get extremely lucky or fit a later 17 size case to it (which isn;t easy to come by either, as well as expensive and the wrong case.

My suggestion is just modify a good case and go with that.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
The problem with most 16sz cases are there is not enough case to accommodate a 17sz movement. This why I turned this silveroid case out to fit my 17 sz.
It might of had a thick rockford as it is very thick and this is a gap between the movement and the back of the case.