Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Interesting Hamilton Watch Factory DVD "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
I puchased this DVD through Amazon and it is really quite interesting. It was made back in the mid forties and it is about 40 minutes long. The first half is about how a watch works and has been made very simple to understand. They use a huge working example to illustrate the main components of a watch and what they do. If you are a novice at understanding what makes a watch work you will find this information very useful.

The second half is a tour of the factory in Lancaster and is amazing in itself. They show how Elinvar hair spings are made and it is simply amazing. Also, all the tiny screws that were made on site as well as all the critical close tollarences they held there. Imagine holding specs to 1/100,000 of an inch with equipment capable of measuring to 1/1,000,000 of an inch.

This DVD was 13.49 through Amazon but can also be purchased by contacting:
Lyndon Smith, Historic Film Fan & President
Quality Information Publishers Inc.

www.QualityInformationPublishers.com

Tel: 828-398-0052

If anyone is interested in borrowing this I would be glad to loan it out. Feel free to contact me at middsmx@embarqmail.com.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I was thinking someone posted that on a yu-tube entry as well. I believe Chris sent me a link of it last year, but I have since lost the email.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3832 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
This looks like an interesting, inside view, of how these watches were made and how we novices might be able to do at least some simple repairs.
Thanks for posting this most interesting site to other historical events and insights in American history...great link!
Prices are good too!

Mike Snyder

Posts: 79 | Location: Kensington, Maryland USA | Registered: March 08, 2005