Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with Columbia 6s "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
I have a 6s movement (34.4MM) Columbia Ladies watch. Gilbert/Engle/Shugart book is almost silent on this watch manufacturer. The book only lists three watches under this company. All are Os. 2 are 4-Jewel and one is 7-Jewel. They list 2 watches as being gilded. In their dialog they state that the firm also made nickeled movements marked Cambridge Watch CO, New york. It further states that Locke turned the firm over to his son-in-law and a nickel 7-Jewel movement was made in an O size. There is no metion of a 6s watch ever being made.

The only marking on this movement is Columbia USA. It is lever set with porcelain dial.I do not see a serial number unless it is under dial which I have not removed. It appears to have a nickel 3/4 plate.

Is this a rare watch? Is it a fake? Who knows what this is? Any and all information is apprecited.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Here is a photo of the dial. It is missing the minute hand.

posted
Hey Ernie,
That watch is made by the New York Standard Watch Co. You will find it in the book under NYS.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
posted
On page 333 of the 2009 Complete Price Guide To Watches

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Cecil:

Thank you! I knew someone out there would have an answer for me. this club is great!