Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Chain Guards "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ted Steuernagel
posted
Are there many out there lets see them. I think there neat

Posts: 335 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
Chain Guards

Posts: 335 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
The Movement is a Wathham Sterling 18s hunting case

posted
I think they are neat too, Ted. Just don't own any (for now).

Charlie

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Ted,
Good thread! Smile I don't have any in my collection as of yet. Do you know the date of your watch? Any more info you can provide on chain guard bows would be appreciated!

Are there other members who would like to add to Ted's thread with chain guard PWs in their collection or more info? Confused

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Hi Stephanie, The serial # is 1,403,847 year is 1879 its a 7 jewel Sterling model 77 grade is a Wm Ellery, The case is marked D&C. CO i think its Duhme & CO they started in 1871 in Cincinnati, Ohio 4th and Walnut st. The case is also marked 925/ 1000 sterling silver, it has a 3 arm uncut nickel balance. Hope this helps. Regards TED