• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

23J Bunn Special Model 11 question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
The pocket watch database shows 4 variants for this model 11 23J...what is a checkerboard with border? There are two variants associated with that, plus one variant that says "slanted with border" and one that says "slanted without border"...what does all that mean?

Posts: 383 | Location: Northern Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 04, 2007
IHC Member 1555
posted
I always thought there were only 3 variants (if you are only just referring to the damaskeening) in the 23J Model 11 Dennis, 'Bright Spotted', 'Rayed Pattern' and the 'Sunburst/Rayed Pattern'.

My knowledge is limited on these so maybe I have missed something along the wayFrown

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
In the online database, they are under the heading/category "index style" and I don't know what that is

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just had a look and I think what the pocketwatchdatabase (Nathan) is referring to Dennis with the indexing, is related to the marking on the balance cock for the regulator adjustment.

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Yes, that's it...thanks!