Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

How do you store or display your watches? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
I'm curious as to how you store or display your watches. Roll Eyes

Here's what I do.

I've got several decorative glass and wooden hinged cases sitting atop my dresser. My watches are placed in chronological order. Smile

I can easily view all watches at any given time. My watches are close by and waiting to be used and enjoyed and I must say I do use and enjoy my watches as often as possible! Razz

How do you store or display your watches? Confused

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
My system may not be as neat and orderly but it works for me. I made wall cabinets to keep them clean and easy to see.

Posts: 111 | Location: Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 24, 2002
posted
Photo 2 of 2

Posts: 111 | Location: Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 24, 2002
posted
George E.

What a neat idea of wall cabinets. You did a beautiful job as well. Thanks for sharing! Smile

Now I know you members have a way of storing or displaying your pocketwatches and wristwatches.
What do you do? Confused I'm interested in knowing and learning of new ways possibly! Eek

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

posted
I've been scratching my head on this one for a long time. Some of you people have some great ideas. My clocks are displayed well, but the pockets go un-noticed. Tis the pity. My Sis called today to tell me she found an Ansonia (sp). I told her that the company was sold to Russia in about 1915. The rest is history. The Russians let it go down the tubes. If I'm half right, that was about the time of the Russian revolution in 1917. Some great clocks were made that carried the name Ansonia...

Jim

Posts: 84 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska USA | Registered: November 20, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
A lot of people use the domes sold by S. LaRose and various other supply houses.

They even make "doubles" so with a little imagination you can do some interesting things.

Glass Domes are available at reasonable prices in several configurations and designs...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted
For dust-free storage and security, these boxes are available from Ashland among others.

They come in 12, 15, and 18 fully lined compartment styles for all different size watches.

Hinged and compartmentalized storage boxes are neat, stack easily for safe storage...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Jim,

Now you've got a few more ideas on how to display YOUR pocketwatches! Smile

Lindell,

An awesome picture of some of your watch domes. And those beautiful WATCHES! Cool WOW!!! Cool Cool That's a great idea! I think your picture is sooo good, you might want to submit it for a future bulletin cover. Cool Wouldn't that be neat?

Thanks for both pics and two more ways to display or store pocketwatches.

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

posted
Jim, I had to look up the Ansonia date myself. It was 1929.. Smile

posted
I always liked this handmade case that was on ebay about 2 years ago, there were many sold but I never bought one Frown

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted

posted

posted
I think they were being sold for $225-$250 each on ebay some time back.

Anybody buy one?

Mike

posted
Mike,

What beautiful cases! Roll Eyes My favorite is the last pic. Looks like a piece of furniture. I'm going to see if they still are on ebay. How did you find it on ebay? Confused Under "watch cases"? Confused
How do you display or store your pocketwatches and wristwatches? Confused

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

posted
Hi Steph,
You just gotta keep watching ebay under Antique watches, they are alwaws "featured auctions" on top of the rest.

I have not been looking in ebay for some months now, Why look when you can't buy, huh? (right now that is)
Times will get better for me, I hope Wink

Steph, I have things in my safe that I cant remember, Have not opened it in 1 1/2 years.
lack of intrest I guess Roll Eyes
I have many "safe cases" like the black ones lindell posted above but mine are burgandy.

posted
Lindell, I agree, your domed watch photo above would make a very nice photo cover Big Grin Big Grin

posted
Mike N,

It's time to bust open that safe! Big Grin You may be surprised by what you find. Eek

Enjoy the items you do have!! Smile And let me know what's in that safe!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

IHC President
Life Member
posted
Thanks for the kind comments about the picture! You failed the eye-test, you need new glasses!

But seriously, here are listings for the kind of watch storage boxes I spoke of above. These are available from long-time IHC Member Desmond Lundy. Be sure to put Desmond's Auctions in your favorites as he has some great items!

LIVE LINK...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...ce=-1&sort=3&rows=25

There you'll see on-going eBay auctions with Buy-It-Now prices for the two most popular box sizes. The 12-section ones are for the really big watches. I mostly use the 15 section ones which are perfect for most 16 and 18-size watches. There are also ones with 18 sections which are great for 12-size and smaller pocket-watches.

These storage boxes are very handy, well made and bargain-priced.

Wink

posted
Lindell,

Thanks for the live links to very reasonably priced storage boxes. Smile

Mike Nardick,

Should we call in Heraldo(phonetic) Rivera to "bust open that safe" to see what's inside?
Ha!! Big Grin Big Grin

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

posted
I do not have a case at the moment but i have a shelf near my table.Under the shelf i have arranged hooks with a saftey clip to hold the watches on.I currently have about 20 watches hanging there and when i get more watches i would like a proper display case attached to the wall with a lock.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
This is exactly how I have my watches stored/displayed. Regards. Mark Smile

NAWCC Member 157508
NAWCC-IHC Member 163

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002