WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    PEQUEGNAT BROTHERS private label Am.Watch Co.Waltham STERLING KW/KS
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

PEQUEGNAT BROTHERS private label Am.Watch Co.Waltham STERLING KW/KS "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Well ,I have never seen a Pequegnat Brothers ,Berlin watch before today!! I saw many later ones named to their children ,grandchildren and nephew's, but never one to the original 1880's partnership between the Pequegnat brothers Arthur and Paul!! And it's a beauty mint condition Elgin Nat.Watch Co.movement in an American Watch co. sterling case , key wind & key set, and to boot, no dial cracks , no hairlines , & case back opens less than 90 degrees Big Grin . Case is marked Am.Watch Co,.Waltham Mass,**U 167 Warranted sterling Silver,movement #1673064 for 1884,the only real wear showing on the bow and the back release button. Both the dial and movement marked Pequegnat Bros. Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

posted
Very nice item and pretty rare. First a Pequegnat Bros. watch I have seen.
You know they are making fakes in Russia of course, but I will take a chance and buy it. LOL

JOHNHPINTO

Posts: 38 | Location: Quebec in Canada | Registered: December 29, 2011
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
you're like Werner,John ,in that you both remind me of the old Hank Snow song,"I've Been Everywhere" ,cause there ain't many places ya ain't bin tuh!!!! Wink Big Grin

IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Nice watch Tom, it will look good with one of your clocks. There were 3 up for auction last summer somewhere in Ontario, I couldn't quite pull the trigger on one for some reason now I have reverse buyers remorse.
Two of them were damaged a bit and each went in the 250 range and the best, condition wise was PW PS silveroid and went for 440 if I recall correctly. I tried the archives to be sure but they don't show there. None had the dial yours has, they were family members.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
thanks Lorne,I went to the auction earlier today, and there was next to nothing there,but one of my friends ,when I complained about the lack of treasures, said "what do you want to do about this?" and showed me the watch. I said I want to take it home with me ,and he said "show me the $100 bills", so I did ,and he slipped the watch in my pocket Big Grin