Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Mermod-Jaccard watches "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1110
posted
The St. Louis jewelers, Mermod-Jaccard, seems to have sold a huge lineup of watches made for them by just about everyone, including the Swiss.I know some were Railroad grade, but does anyone know if any railroads approved their watches for service?Also, were they themselves watch inspectors?I didn't see their mame on Tom's inspector list.Thanks again, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Ted, most of the Mermod watches I have seen are mainly 'Jewelery' type watches, fancy dials, solid gold cases etc....I have one and it an 0s in a solid gold case....I have never seen one that would be allowed in RR service....But I have not seen them all.... Big Grin

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 1110
posted
Thanks Jerry.They had some 16&18S Hamilton ,and 18S '92 model RR grade Walthams made and marked for them.I've seen pictures in some of Roy Ehrhardt's books, that's why I was asking.I think the railroads did kind of frown on those private labels, though.Take care, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008