Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bunn Special arrows in dial question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary Elmore
posted
I was looking for an Arrows in dial for a 16s bunn special and i came across this one. does anyone know why the 7 is different than the one on my other Bunn special dial? here is the picture of it

Posts: 38 | Location: Muskogee, Oklahoma in the USA | Registered: March 09, 2016
Picture of Gary Elmore
posted
this is my other Bunn

Posts: 38 | Location: Muskogee, Oklahoma in the USA | Registered: March 09, 2016
posted
It seems Waltham had a similar font on their watch - maybe popular at the time. Elgin also has a similar 7 on their watches.

Posts: 33 | Location: Cincinnati Area, Ohio in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2015
Picture of Gary Elmore
posted
Thanks Mike, I just wasn't sure if it was a time period or a model when they used the curled or straight seven

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
There is no doubt this is a "time period' as thought, problem is I can't put my finger on it and pin it down. I think it was shorty after the change over from ILLINOIS in the straight line font signature, but not for very long. I cannot pin it down for exact dates because there is very little intel out there on the subject and what little there is seems to be in a very few ads but as we know a lot of the ads are "illustrations" and not actual photographs.

I wouldn't "bet the farm" on this, as there has been to many years gone by and dials are so easily swapped out, upgraded, etc.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
Picture of Gary Elmore
posted
Buster,
I think you may be right, I also noticed that on my dial the numbers are a little bolder. it just got me wondering if my dial is correct or not. I didn't know that there were two different arrows in dials. My movement is 1921 SN# 3485450

Thanks for the input,
Gary

IHC Member 1911
posted
Gary
My understanding is the Straight leg 7 " was around for 5-6 years- aprox 1917-1923- then they were phased out in place of the " Fat Bottom 7 " Style
I personally like the Straight one- probably because they are scarcer and earlier than the fat ones.
Terry Jones

Posts: 84 | Location: Central Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 12, 2013
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Gary,

Would you please post an image of the back of the dial?

Thanks.

Smile

Posts: 5234 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Picture of Gary Elmore
posted
This is the dial on my watch with the fat bottom 7

Picture of Gary Elmore
posted
this is the back of the dial I found with the straight bottom 7

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Thanks Gary!

Both of those look genuine, Lindell explained to me your first one is earlier, beginning around 1915 and the second one was first used in the early 1920s through the end of that decade.

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5234 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Picture of Gary Elmore
posted
Thank you Debbie! that is great information for my future projects.

Regards,
Gary