Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Information Needed About Odd Case "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1142
posted
Hi Folks,
I got this pocket watch on ebay and the watch case back is all enameled or plastic coated I don't really know and was wondering if anyone has seen one or any info on how it is done or who had done it. Or maybe some individual that has come up with a nice idea? The watch runs good but the hands are incorrect, and the case has a green plastic crystal. Hopefully I can get all that fixed.
Thanks for any help
Leonard

Posts: 220 | Location: McDonough, New York in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2008
IHC Member 1142
posted
Case markings and a closer look, more to follow.

Posts: 220 | Location: McDonough, New York in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2008
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I believe that is going to be an applied decal to the back lid of the case Eek

Once soaked off, one would expect to find a ring of brass on the case lid as that would be the main reason for putting the decal on as a cover-up.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1142
posted
thanks buster, i have never seen any before. the bottom of the case has no brass showing, nor does any other place but, that dont mean anything and you are most likely right
leonard

Here is the dial and movement.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Interesting image. That doesn't look like any Pennsy engine I've ever seen before. Looks like a Southern engine to me. Confused

Never seen a watch back like that before either!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Member 1142
posted
thank you very much to whoever put all my pictures in one place ! was that you dave ?
leonard

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Leonard, I am innocent of picture mixing for this post. As for the case, it is a very unique piece of artwork at the very least. Save the case as it is. If it is a "decal" it has been very expertly applied, allowing the detail of the back cover metalwork to "telgraph" through.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Leonard,

In order to maintain the continuity of your topic, Lin consolidated the separate posts of each image into this one topic.

Smile

Posts: 5237 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 1142
posted
thank you debbie and thank you lin
leonard

posted
Lin has made my my sorry attempts look pretty good a couple of times!! Mike

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009