• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham 1888 Escape Jewel Number "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Well i am the first to admit such a stuff up, while putting back together the waltham 16's 1888 i tighten the train plate too soon and caused the escape wheel top jewel to disinterate. My waltham book only tells me the part number for 1899-1908 not the 1888, does any one know the part number please, I have lots of waltham jewels but with out the number its just a guessing game....

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
Swigart is no help either, it simply says "For plate jewels always include with order old sample jewel and wheel as there are various thicknesses and diameters of jewel settings and various sizes of pivots."

Posts: 99 | Location: Surrey in the United Kingdom | Registered: June 01, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Francis, can you give us a serial number and a picture please.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
David serial is 8943108,

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Francis, I have a semi-working (broken staff)parts movement s/n 8253501 which I will send you complete for a US$35.00 donation to IHC185 operating find.

Please e-mail me your address to

david@glopar.com

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007