• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Introduction of New Member "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
G'Day, Just a quick note to introduce myself, having watched this site for some weeks I am encouraged by the warm, welcoming and expert guidance offered to all.

I am an Australian fan of all mechanical and engineering and find watches as the perfect meld of engineering, artistry and functionality. I particularly love mechanical marine chronometers, just can't find the right balance of price versus budget.

My every day wear is from my favourite contemporary brand, SINN. A SINN UX GSG9. being a diver i love the over engineered, fluid filled, submarine steel beauty. I love it so much we bought one for my son as a marching in present when he commenced at the Australian Defence Force Academy - as an ARMY Officer cadet.

I have just bought a nice Hamilton 992 as a dress watch SN: 1399084 and two Hamilton 4992B watches a 24 hour and a 12 hour version which I plan to turn into a single frankenstein watch. Pending guidance I will seek in later posts.

I will add more images of the pocket watches as replies soon. As well as series of followup questions about the 4992B watches.

Anyway, I have already learned a lot from reading the forums, and hope to make this my "go to" watch site.

Thanks All, Tony

SINN every day carry.

Posts: 48 | Location: Canberra in Australia | Registered: May 16, 2012
posted
The new 992.

992 Front

posted
The dial of the 992.

992 Dial

posted
Movement of the new 992

992 Movement

posted
The side view.

side

posted
The 24 hour 4992B dial

4992B dial

IHC Life Member
posted
Welcome aboard Tony!! Always nice to hear a voice from Down Under.

Very nice watches.

Steve

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

I join Steven in welcoming you!

WELCOME ABOARD TONY!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1508
posted
Welcome Tony! Nice watches! Best regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Welcome Tony, a great start with those Hamiltons. I look forward to your questions.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Welcome Tony, good to have you join us watchaholics.... Big Grin

Don't be afraid to ask any question you may have, the more the merrier...so to speak....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Welcome Tony,
That Sinn is an absolute beauty, and some great looking Hamiltons too.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Member 1016
posted
Tony, welcome to my home away from home. Caution, this place is addicting. Good place to find fair dinkum when buying.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
posted
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I now need to post an apology on my thread that asks questions about my 4992B frankenstein project.

Thatmust be some sort of record. First material post and I seem to have already committed a Faux Pax with my idea to hack a couple of watches together. Oh well.

Cheers All, Tony