• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Carl R. Seifert Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A local auction has a watch for sale with a name on the dial plate that I can not identify. The name is Carl R Seifert and underneith that is Lockport, NY.

Has anyone heard of this watch or have any information about this watch. It is a beautiful watch, hunter style and a 16 size.

Thanks

Tim

timothy white

Posts: 8 | Location: Florida in the USA | Registered: January 19, 2019
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
With that dial it is most likely an Illinois movement. Post a picture of the movement.

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1911
posted
Looks like an Illinois private label. A picture of the movement and ser # would verify it

Terry

Posts: 84 | Location: Central Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 12, 2013
posted
I did not take a picture of the movement but the serial number is 1525589.

thanks

tim

timothy white

IHC Member 1650
posted
Serial # 1525589 for an Illinois movement would be a 17j Getty Grade 184 hunter.

Sounds like a possibility. Nice watch.

Posts: 372 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 17, 2011
posted
it is a beautiful watch. any idea of its value?

i should have taken more pictures but i am a total novice at pocket watches.

timothy white

posted
Can't speak to the value of the watch, but I notice that it has mismatched hour and minute hands.

As for Mr. Seifert, he was a jeweler and watchmaker. According to the 1900 Lockport city directory, he had a store at 17 Main Street. Further, the 1900 Census reveals that he was 38 years old, married, with three children, and had immigrated from Russia.

Posts: 129 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas in the USA | Registered: April 17, 2015
posted
wow. very thorough. thanks.

timothy white

IHC Member 1911
posted
I would value it at 125-150 depending on how nice the case is. Not railroad grade but interesting
Post pictures of the movement if you end up with it
Terry

Posts: 84 | Location: Central Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 12, 2013