Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Disney Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

In honor of the 50th Anniversary of Disney World, they have brought out this pocket watch...

https://wdwnt.com/2021/10/phot...ch-at-magic-kingdom/

Posts: 5221 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
These always amuse me. Before they signed a contract with Citizen watch to be the official Disney time watch, Bulova was their primary watch vendor.

I was seriously considering purchasing one at WDW Main Street shop when one of the salesman walked up and asked if he could help me?

When he found out I planned on actually USING the watch, he looked around, shook he head and said quietly, ‘don’t waste your money. They’re terrible watches if you know pocket watches.’

I thanked him and left.

I bought a Citizen’s eco-drive Mickey Mouse watch the next year at the Animal Kingdom gift shop and have not been disappointed in my choice.

So, it was refreshing to find an honest seller, but as a collectible, definitely a watch to consider…just don’t use! Big Grin

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

I agree Mark, it would probably not be an especially reliable timekeeper and is merely an expensive trinket to display! Wink

Posts: 5221 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
All they did was change the dial. They're pretty basic base metal quartz movement watches. I guess you're buying the provenance, which is fine....

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002