WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Unusual GETTY 186 Variant marked 17 RUBY Jewels...185 Auction?? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
Any interest in this one? I'll auction it if so

#1,572,624

Anyone ever seen a 17 Jewel Getty 186 marked "17 Ruby Jewels"?

This one is also marked "Adjusted to Four Positions"

On checking the blue book, it's saying that 186 marked "adjusted four positions" started after serial # 1,700,000 YET HERE IS ONE ABOUT 128,000 EARLIER!

Eugene have you ever seen this one?

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1555
posted
A nice piece Tom, you have the narrow band regular pattern with the gilt trim and gold plated center wheel, also came in Nickel with Gold-inlaid damaskeening.

All up approximately 2,800 produced (give or take a few), to my knowledge near identical mechanically to the Grade 185 (except for damaskeening) that was made for the "Electric Railway" (the Getty version also)that Illinois produced. All in all a very nice find. A lot of little short runs produced including some that were marked "RR Standard" Smile

Can you tell me exactly what the serial number is Tom, as I can not quite make it out clearly. As I do not think it is very far from the start of these, also does that one of yours have a Double Sunk dial?

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1338
posted
Bila;

#1572624 Blue Book says run of 100 #1572600-#1572700
2 runs of 187s are flanking it before and after

It DOES have a double sunk dial pvt label signed
"J.T. Boyd Fall River, Mass"

Dial has a repair by 5 but may be best to leave it on here? Was he anyone of importance? Hands appear correct.

Could this be 1 of 100 marked this way?

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1555
posted
The 23rd one made Tom, this run yours was in totalled a hundred, probably not for the same jeweler though. the run started at 1,572,601.

IHC Member 1555
posted
Hands correct for that dial as would be the Breguet or moon hands. Just away from my books so can not enlighten you on who the Jeweler might be.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Tom Could be 1-100. Nothing surprises me any more with Illinois watches. They must of left markings on watches up to who was working the machines for the day. The bored workers say to each other. Let’s see if this get by the inspector.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Seriously the only way to tell is to find the consecutive numbers before and after yours to see how they are marked. Yours will probably bring a better premium if you can get a few interested.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Member 1338
posted
Sent you an email, Eugene

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

IHC Member 1338
posted
If anyone's interested in this I would put it on 185 auction with a low starting bid....ANY INTEREST??

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com