WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rockford size 18 Model 9 question for the Rockford guys.. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
I have two open face Rockford size 18 model 9 movements. They both need the regulator whip springs. One needs the two screws that hold the regulator springs.

Now looking at open face Rockford's on ebay I see some regulator springs that have the two mounting screws on the left (as mine) and some have the regulator springs with the mounting holes on the right.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't all the open face model 9's regulator springs be the same? If they are different do they have different part numbers?

Anyway I would like to start trying to get the regulator springs but I'm not sure I know what to ask for. Do any of you Rockford guys know the answer?
Thanks,
Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1110
posted
Hi Harry, I've noticed that too, but I may be wrong since I don't have a Rockford book to look it up in, but I think the model 7 is the one with the whipspring and adjusting screw on the left, they look just about the same as the mod. 9.I just got a 9th model 21J 918, it too has a a broken whip spring, apparently they do break, I've seen many of them in auctions that were also broken off right where it curves around the end of the regulator arm.I know they are hard to find, I'm going to have to buy a parts movement to get one , too bad someone doesn't start making replacements! Good luck trying to find them.I really like these mod. 9 Rockford's, I like the style,with the recessed balance and the fancy shaped barrel plate.Also have a 935, it's a great looking and nice running Rockford. Best Regards, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Hi Ted,
Thanks for the info. I'm sure these are model 9 according to the Price Guide and the ones that have the holes on the right according to the Price Guide are also model 9's. I have the grade 935 and the 2 tone grade 938. The 935 is missing the whip completely and the 938 is missing half the whip. I looked today for a parts movement on ebay and they wanted too much for a parts movement or the movement was running and I don't want to take it off a running movement. I don't know how to seek the whip because it appears to me the whip is grade specific and most parts dealers don't know what grade they have.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011