• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Is this an O'Hara Dial? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Could this possibly be an O'Hara dial (6 size) even though it is not signed as such? The flowers are not a decal, but fired into the porcelain dial. Thanks.

posted
Oops, looks like I left a piece of string on the dial foot.

posted
Hello Phil,

I am glad you asked because I have a similar dial and have also wondered if it might be an O'Hara. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can enlighten us.

Bruce

Posts: 55 | Location: Sun City, Arizona & Westfield, Massachusetts USA | Registered: February 06, 2003
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
WOW, these are both Beautiful!
I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Phil, It might be an O'Hara dial. One thing that stood out to me is that the seconds register is not sunk. This has been typical on some O'Hara dials that I have seen.

Tom

Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
I think unless it is signed there is no way to know. I have one dial signed O'Hara, but it is not fancy. I don't have a picture of the back right now with the signature.

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Here is another plain-Jane O'Hara dial. This is on a private-label 12-size Riverside Maximus.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Phil,
Tom is right. Unless it's signed you can't be sure. If you look on the back of your dial, It looks as if there was a black circle (like the O'Hara stamp) at one time. Can anyone else see this or is it just me?
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Brian,
You are correct. It does look like there is a very faint black circle around the seconds hole on the back. I will give it a much better scan and get back with what I find.
Regards,

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Phil,
I can see it fine, and it even looks like there are some letters on the right and left of the circle, but I can't tell what they are.
Interesting!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004