WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bailey, Banks & Biddle Movement ID Help - Your Input Please "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Joseph W. Robinson
posted
Hi All,

Here I have a 6s hunter private label made for Bailey, Banks & Biddle of Philadephia. A very nice looking piece with what appears to be a 15 jewel movement in a nice nellio silver case.

Sadly it is missing the regulator pointer, and I need to find one. However, I do not know the manufacturer of the movement. Please feel free to critique and/or advise the maker.

Thanks Joe

Posts: 150 | Location: Milan, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
posted
Pic of dial.

Joseph W. Robinson

posted
Pic 1 of movement.

posted
Pic 2 of movement.

Joseph W. Robinson

posted
Pic 3 of movement.

Joseph W. Robinson

posted
It appears to me as a Waltham Mdl 1889..

Posts: 638 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Hi John,

Thanks! By golly I think you are correct. Went to Waltham movements to see and it sure looks like a model 1899. Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees! Smile

By the serial number 3077895 the date of manufacture would be c1886-87. Weren't Waltham's model numbers indicative of the year of design or production release? Thus, is the serial number incorrect for a model 1889.

Joe

posted
Hi Joe,

Very nice demaskeen work on this movement..Not often seen. I like that gilt pallet bridge..Bailey, Banks and Biddle was a higher end jeweler.. As far as dating these, yes the year of introduction and Mdl number do match, MOST TIMES, If you can figure that out exactly, especially in these 6 sizes, someone would hang an expert tag on you..

Posts: 638 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Hey Joe,
Give a holler if you have any problem finding a regulator for your watch. My parts library (bone room) is heavily supplied with these m'vts and I'd be happy to contribute the part.

I'm 99% certain that I too have an '89 Bailey, Banks, Biddle on the doner organ waiting list which is in need of a great case. Your example is wonderful!
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
Hi Cort,

Thanks! Its had a COA and is running beautifully. It winds and sets like silk! But I do need the regulator pointer. If you have one I would be most grateful. Let me know how much and I'll forward my shipping address.

Thanks Again! Joe