Tools
Reply to Post

My latest effort at porcelain dial repair "Click" to Login or Register 
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
I keep trying

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
posted
not bad at all

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
IHC Member 1357
posted
Much better than my attempts!!!

Posts: 4094 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1508
posted
You're a lot braver than I am, Phil.

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
I used a new porcelain that I had imported from Germany. Very time consuming,took three coats to fill that big chip.No wonder they get such big money for doing this work. The porcelain came out good I just am having trouble with painting the black marks.

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
posted
Skip the paint and go with rub-on appliques.

They cut to size, transfer dry, and the backing is clear so you can position them exactly.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Eric, I will certainly give those a try

Picture of David Flegel
posted
Very nice. My big accomplishment was to replace a battery in a wrist watch. Wish my hands were that steady.

Posts: 1212 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 06, 2012
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Good going Phil, a very credible first attempt! Big Grin

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
A great job on the repair, Phil....and that is a teriffic idea Eric....

The first time I have heard anyone come up with that idea and they would certainly look better....no offense meant Phil.... Big Grin

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008