Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Great Waltham 15j deck watch and box, c.a.1907 "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
Please check out my great, antique Waltham deck watch. 8 day movement and wind indicator in fine 3 section wooden box. Ends 4/24, 2200 hrs.

Posts: 345 | Location: Racine, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2010
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
Find the complete listing in the members auction. Hard to find a deck watch nicer than this!

Posts: 345 | Location: Racine, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2010
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
Really nice wooden case with lock

posted
Hi Donald,
This is likely a dumb question, but I have been known to ask these before, but, where is the WI, I see the main dial, the seconds dial,the 8 day logo, and across from that I really do not know a circle with no markings, is that it? Other than not being able to see a WI dial, it really is a good looking deck watch.
Thanks,
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
Not a dumb question at all as most WI's have numberals on a clock-like face. This one is a bit different. The wind indicator is the little circle by the numeral 4. A red dot shows in the smallest circle when it needs winding. I had wound the watch a couple of days before and being an 8 day movement, the red dot wasn't showing. I might add that this is the first one I've seen with red dot indicator also.

posted
Thanks Donald, I had never seen one like that.
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008