• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Haven't had this happen before "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A good lesson for all of us to remember!

I had posted a couple weeks ago that I had purchased a nice 992E that I ended up only having to clean. It had been sitting on my bench running face up with no problems for over a week and I happened to flip it over to take a look at the movement and the watch stopped! I had checked this watch in all positions for good, consistent motion before putting it back together after cleaning, so it had me a little stumped...

Last night I finally had some time to dig a little deeper on it. I had noticed a little noise every time I flipped it over like something was loose, but couldn't locate it. I went ahead and started to take the movement out of the case and there was the problem. for some reason when I had put the watch back together, I had not tightened the dial down tight enough! After looking a little, I may have actually forgotten to tighten it down completely... :s with the watch in the case, it was allowing the dial to drop down and rest against the second bit and after a while of "touching" it would stop the movement.
To say the least, the watch is now back to operating in all positions correctly. Just thought I would share just in case someone else ever ran into an issue like this, another lesson learned!

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I have found over the years that it's usually the simplist things that mess up the works. Wink

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Remind me of when the seat flew off my Harley. A single screw hold em on!

When anything goes wrong, check the last thing you did to it.

btw the wheel came in thank you!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Dave-

I saw earlier today it was out for delivery. Make sure to post some pics once its up and going. Its always good to see parts go into fixing good watches.

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009