Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Zeitz "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Cunha
posted
I posted this on the European site but did not get any takers as to any information on it.

Watch sayss Hermann Schuppel Zeitz. Could be Schiippel - there are two dots above the U or i?

Watch is an award watch with the inscription in German. Inscription reads something like "Fur 25 jahrige treiu geleistete dienste. 5 August 1885/1910 Feitzer Eisengiesserei

Inscription is in script so some of the above may not be accurate.

Posts: 83 | Location: Central Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: December 26, 2008
Picture of Bruce Cunha
posted
Only marking on mechanism is SOLA

Posts: 83 | Location: Central Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: December 26, 2008
Picture of Bruce Cunha
posted
Has fancy hands and roman numerals with what appears to be a decal or painted numbers inside

Picture of Bruce Cunha
posted
Closer look at insides

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hello Bruce, I don't know if you have seen this string under the "European Pocket Watch Forum" or not but it may shed some light on your watch....

Go Here

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Bruce

The watch was made by Revue/Thommen Swiss 1910. The trademark SOLA with GT in oval was registered 1927.

Johann Schüppel (Schueppel) Zeitz must be jeweler/trader. I found a Hermann Schueppel Zeitz watches/clocks gold and silver merchandise owner Paul Schueppel in 1949.

Zeitz is a city in Germany near Leipzig.

The inscription says: For 25 years of loyal employment (service) Iron casting company Zeitz. 1885-1910. "Zeitzer Eisengiesserei und Maschinenfabrik AG ZEMAG founded 1855.

The case is silver and missing the back cover.

The red numbers are glued on decal. This was often done in the WWI time. Collectors often keep one good example and remove then from other dials.

The movement is a typical swiss 15j of that time.

If you do some cleanig oiling be aware the screw near the stem releases the stem and the small screw on the train bridge holds the second dial foot.

Regards Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
Picture of Bruce Cunha
posted
Thanks for the quick response. This group is fantastic. Learning more and more every day.