• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rockford quiz for the day!! "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Notice anything unusual about this Rockford movement?

Winner won't get a free trip to Las Vegas or anything like that, but it could be a good lesson for future Rockford purchases.

(I snagged this photo from a closed eBay auction) Eek

Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Could it be the lever set / pendant set switch?

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
posted
Is it on the balance?

Posts: 185 | Location: Sedro Wooley, Washington USA | Registered: January 02, 2003
posted
I think Bruce has it, but could it also be the press fit jewel on the upper balance arbor?

IHC Life Member
RR Watch Expert
Picture of Ed Ueberall
posted
Well, to me the damaskeen patterns on the train plate and the barrel bridge don't match. Could this be a marriage?

Ed Ueberall
IHC Member 34
The Escapement

Posts: 620 | Location: Pooler, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
I should have known better! You folks are just too smart.

It is the lever set / pendant set switch that Bruce submitted.

It is the large screw located at what appears to be an crescent moon at about 3 o'clock position , just to the left of the serial number as you are presently looking at the watch. The picture doesn't show it very well, but it is marked "P" and "L'.

I have added the black circle to point out this feature.

posted
My brother was the buyer of this watch .... it should arrive any day now ,and we would be glad to share our findings with the chapter members ....I have'nt heard of that switch before. Doug say's that he heard they were on some South Bend watches. Thanks Ken Lynn

Posts: 33 | Location: Yorba Linda, California USA | Registered: March 13, 2003