• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Finding parts for Hamilton BOC cases "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Tried several searches on the site, but could not find much info.

I have several Hamilton BOC cases (Model 2, 10,17) which would look much better if I could replace the bar. Chains and straps were hard on this part. I assume there are many who have similar. Is there any parts source for the bars and other items for reburbishing these styles.

I saw that LL had been successful at making some.

Gary

Posts: 586 | Location: Bastrop, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2011
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Gary,
I buy solid 14k tube and drill out to size, most supply houses have it, with the price of gold its not a cheap job.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Check with Leon, he did one for me awhile back and it wasn't too bad....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Are you talking about the bar or the Bow. The bow is what a fob or chains is attached to

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
They are quite easy to do.

I use the pins for the Rolex watch band. It is 12K gold plate.

All you have to do is to pull the pins out, then, I use a drummel to do it, just file it down to the proper size. They will fit right into the towers on the #10 case, but the # 2 case you need a lathe to turn them a little. I don't have one but if you keep them tight it will still look VERY good.

Also it will work in the #17 case, but you have to know what you are doing with that one, as there are four pins that you will need to make it work. You will also need the springs for the pins. They will have to be cut doun a little, but that is no big deal.

I have used extra dial screws for the pins, or case screws, whatever will work. I also use the pin that is inside of the tube on the rolex pins. You need them for the springs to do there job. So you have two pins for the bow, and then two that go with the tube that has the spring inside it still. When you put the tube in the frame, those pins will hold the other pins in the bow to hold the bow on. Works really good, and it is not as hard as it sounds.

I have saved a few #17 cases that way.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Very helpful; I thought the 17 would be a bear; I may try it on some model 2's.

Gary

Posts: 586 | Location: Bastrop, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2011