Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

UNUSUAL 12 SIZE HAMILTOM "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
This one is a little different and I thought I would share it with you.
The movement is a 912 17 jewel. I have not seen this style dial on a Hamilton before. I do have an Illinois with this style of dial.
Anybody else have something like this? Maybe you could share your pictures.

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
picture 2

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Picture 3

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
picture 4

Picture of Jim McKinney
posted
Wink Nice watch, Rich - very Cool !

Posts: 231 | Location: Northern Virginia in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 10, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
That is a great watch. I especially like the seconds dial with the roman numerals for the seconds decades.

But the whole thing is very sharp. Thanks for posting it!

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Nice watch Rich. I have a grade 912-Van Buren with a somewhat similar dial but the shape of the Van Buren is egg or oval. I do not recall seeing a watch like yours.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Beautiful and very unusual Rich!

That is one cool design. I can imagine the driver of a Chrysler Airflow wearing such a watch. I really like it!

Thanks for sharing,

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Jim McKinney
posted
Roll Eyes - OK, Lindell . . . you opened the door - how 'bout a photo of a Chrysler Airflow - huh ?? Big Grin Just for the benefit, of course, for those way too young to remember - heh, heh, heh !!! Razz

Posts: 231 | Location: Northern Virginia in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 10, 2004
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
I agree Lin we need a picture of the car

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Jim and Rich, your wish will be granted.

One of my heroes in life and in business is Walter P. Chrysler. He worked with his hands, made his own tools, through hard work and perseverance he created an empire. The title of his autobiography "Life of an American Workman" and these words attributed to him "The real secret of success is enthusiasm!" both say a lot about the man and his values.

For more about Chrysler and the times in which he lived, check out this audio story...

http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi1442.htm

The design of the Chrysler Building in New York City is like no other, and of course the Chrysler Airflow...

Chrysler Airflow in 1934 set the benchmark for decades to come...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Lin,
Who ever owns the car can afford the watch. GREAT PICTURE

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Picture of Jim McKinney
posted
Wink Aahhh . . . those must have been the days. What watch ? Oh, yeah - sorry! . . . but what a magnificent vehicle !! Thanks, Lindell !! Big Grin

posted
Not very many could afford the Chrysler or the watch in 1934; there were millions unemployed, bread lines and soup kitchens. FDR had been in office a year or so and WPA, NRA, and all the other government alphabet programs had just started. My Dad used to talk about walking 6 miles one way and cutting wood all day for ten cents ($0.10) an hour or less. He was very glad to get the job. This was cutting the old fashioned way: all man power for the crosscut saw and axes.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
LOVE THAT CAR!! And the watch!!!

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
What year was the watch made? I don't have my book handy. Was it 1934 also?

Here is what Frank Lloyd Wright did in 1934.

Andy Big Grin

Fallingwater

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Hi Andy, Yes, Fallingwater definitely is beautiful. It is about 1-1/2 hour drive from my home and is even more beautiful in person.

BTW, my home is a Frank Lloyd Wright design. It is the Wright " Americana House" design from the 1940's. Actually a miniture of Fallingwater, sans waterfall underneath. A very unique house, but everything is non standard and an absolute bear to work on.

Tom

Picture of Jeffery Hann
posted
Hello, Everyone, I saw the watch and and it is Great!!, But just to let you know I work for DaimlerChrysler, and you all might be seeing those old names of long ago, Charger, ,Cuda, just Challenger to get some of you all thinking, and I bet they will come with a new Hemi!!

Jeffery

Posts: 192 | Location: Crawfordsville, Indiana U.S.A. | Registered: January 18, 2004
Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
Had a '72 Cuda 340-unfortunately,that was the year they dropped the compression ratio to 8.5:1,so nowhere near the power of the 71's Frown,but was still a blast to drive Smile.But after my experience with our 99 Neon,would't have another Chrysler product(after 6 in a row).The company would't help at all with their well-known propensity to start leaking oil out through the head($900 repair Mad).This was after 2 exhaust manifold replacements,1 front end replacement,front rotor replacements...and a few other things I don't remember anymore.Maybe if they offer a total 10 year warranty,I'll get another,but for now will buy foreign.The service I get with BMW,even for a car out of warranty has been excellant.They are very anxious to please and bend over backward to help.On the other hand,Chrysler has put out some interesting cars lately,so hopefully are thinking out of the box now.

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
Picture of Jeffery Hann
posted
Sam, I am sorry for your trouble's, does Florida not have a lemon law, I have a 2000 Concorde with 130k miles and no problems, and had a 98 Dodge Dakota Sport truck with 127k miles, until I let my wife talk me into selling it to my farther-in-law and a bloody tree landed on the cab in a storm, I hope that some day you will try a Chrysler again, a lot of great new products coming out.

Jeffery

Posts: 192 | Location: Crawfordsville, Indiana U.S.A. | Registered: January 18, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Sam, I had the same problem with Mercury dealerships after several Mercs in a row. No support for the product. I hear owners of foreign made cars rave about the support from their dealerships. Right now I have two Cryslers and have good luck so far. I wanted to buy American (that line is rather fuzzy these days.) but if the attitude of American dealerships doesn't change they will loose many customers.

Tom