Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 956 . . . a Hundred Dollar watch? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
For about 10 years (1915 - 1925 or so), Hamilton made this pendant setting model 956. It is a 17 Jewel, 3 adjustment, open faced "carry watch" with a fine double-sunk "sporty" dial, RR Hands, and a very very nice Hamilton "Clamshell" case. It rings of railroad watches, businessmen's watches and it is good enough to do either, but all 51,300 were made for commercial trade. It is listed as a $100.00 watch in the "bible"!? Heck people pay twice that for the case alone! Cool Maybe we should petition Cooksey to explain the pricing guidelines a little more distinctly.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Great watch Dave, and great case I've always liked this style of case.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Great looking watch, Dave.... I think they are my favorite to collect, especiallly nice ones like the one you show here....

Contact me regarding another watch that needs a mainspring.... jerrydk7@msn.com

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Nice watch David I am with you about the book most watches are under priced.I will buy that for a 100.00 I know you will not sell it not for that.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008