Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

ebay user sttgil "Click" to Login or Register 
Wristwatch Expert

posted
does anyone happen to recognize ebay user id sttgil? He (she) recently bought a 1930 Waltham catalog on eBay and I'm desperately trying to reach him/her to see if they would make some scans for me for my research. I realize this is a long-shot but thought I would give it a try.

Posts: 84 | Location: Evansville, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 30, 2005
Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
I hope this will help you, if you have a ebay account you can use there search item box to search for people to. Just open ebay at the top right hand corner there is a search box under it there will be a advance search in blue click on it. In the left side of the page under members click on members then type in the users name and search it will find all the transactions for this account from there you should be able to contact that member.

Posts: 296 | Location: Livingston, Tennessee USA | Registered: May 20, 2006
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Bruce - what catalog are you trying to research? I have Waltham material catalogs and sales catalogs from this era and would be happy to scan something for you. I am not sure I have 1930, but I probably have something close.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Wristwatch Expert

posted
Jerry:

This is 1930 jeweler's counter catalog (i.e., for display on the jeweler's counter). It has pictures of the actual watches (both pocket and wrist) that were available that year. It is not the materials catalog (much easier to find). The picture catalogs are much more difficult to find. If you have a copy, great! Let me know.

Wristwatch Expert

posted
Leon: thanks for your post. I can locate the member, that is no problem. The problem is I cannot directly contact the member through ebay's messaging system unless I have a transaction going with him, or a transaction within the last 30 days.

posted
Bruce,
I've got a copy of the 1930 material catalog .
I would be happy to xerox or photograph the parts you need(I don't have a scanner).
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Bruce - I am afraid that the closest I have is 1926. However, eBay does have a mechanism to contact any eBay member. Click on his user ID and that takes you to his member profile page. On the right side is a button to "contact member" through eBay. I have used this contact method many times. If you reach the buyer see if he is amenable to selling copies of the catalog. I am also interested.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Bruce,
I entered the user ID you gave into Ebay's serch facility and came up with this guy, you can contact him via the 'contact member link.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
John

PS if the link doesn't work, the page may have broken it, just copy and paste into your browser and link it up.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=sttgil

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006