Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Temporary movements or parts storage ..... "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Martin Wagner
posted
I really did not know where to post this so perhaps the management will move this to the proper thread.

We rarely eat fast food but last week we chanced it again at a place called Captain D's. They serve an assortment of fish products and side dishes.

Anyway, I ordered a small side of slaw, and it came in the little container pictured below, and that's when a light went off in my mind Roll Eyes, and I thought that these would make a great place to store watch parts or movements, and the price was right.

They come with lids that snap on tight that could be marked for whatever reason you might have.

They will hold up to an 18 size movement easily, and like I said, if you know the manager of your favorite FF store he may give you some.

Marty

Posts: 420 | Location: Alabama in the USA | Registered: January 26, 2012
IHC Member 1016
posted
That's a great idea Martin. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
posted
Recycling taken in another direction...actually more like preventative medicine

Gary

Posts: 586 | Location: Bastrop, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
We have take - out Chinese here and the sweet and sour sauce comes in those type containers. I have been using them for quite a while now, and they are very handy!

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
It works even better when the container does not have the sauce in it.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Member 1016
posted
Actually Deacon, if your movement is running slow some hot sauce will speed things up Roll Eyes

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
I'll try that Mike, the next time I can't get one timed!! Maybe a little HOT sauce will speed it up a little!!!

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010