Tools
Reply to Post

Wish list for 2012///////// "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
All,
What watch or watches are you looking for in 2012?
I will be looking for an E. Howard @ Co.-Boston all original watch.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Hmmm...

Polaris signed dial and case for my South Bend Polaris. I think that would satisfy the hunger quite well.

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Member 1369
posted
Without giving Santa a long list, one of my top wishes is to find a Seth Thomas model 5, especially a Maiden Lane, with Canadian 24hr dial.

Posts: 542 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 10, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Ralph they just sold a Maiden lane on Xbay for $3,000. Just thought you would like to know in case you wanted to drool.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
posted
I'm drooling over it and I don't even collect seth thomas! Always wanted a 25 jewel or higher watch for some reason and a beautiful pattern like that maiden lane has would be perfect.

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
I used to have an Otay Native Son H/C with a 2 tone movement. Regrettably, I sold it and I'll never find another one...ever! More Info Here

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Wow what a tragic story. I'll put one on my wish list also.

If we are wishing. Wish big or stay on the porch.

posted
I'll go for Peace on Earth and good watches to all my new friends on IHC185. This is my first year Anniversary (need to renew!) and this club has been a great find for my first year of retirement; you all have kept me out of (and in) a lot of trouble...enjoyed it all.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the 992B 4C I just purchased...if its good that will be my 2012 find..

Gary

Posts: 586 | Location: Bastrop, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2011
IHC Member 1369
posted
Hi Eugene, thanks for the drool factor...if it's the same one that I saw it was actually in poor condition for that price - and - it did not have a 24hr dial anyway. Also an issue that the seller only ships to the US, not Canada.

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
In 2012, I'm looking to complete my collection of The Seven Stars. I'm working on a deal for the rarest, the Type II, leaving only the Type I-E and Type II-E to be acquired. I'd also like to get Ed Kitner to make me one of his display boxes big enough to show off all seven! Big Grin

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
I think I have an a 24 hr dial for a seth some where. It was in a little rough condition.

IHC Member 1369
posted
It tends to be the dial that is the hardest part to find. I've seen a number of Seth/Maiden Lane's that were great but so far no individual dials. I'd pick one up if I ever saw one in good shape and then I'd be ready...

posted
Ball's standard Superior Grade Hampden and/or a Railroad Watch co serialed around 90xxx. Either would complete my collection of Hampden BAlls or RRWCO examples.

Of course if Santa really wanted to spoil me he would put a Howard Ball under the tree as they are definitely out of my price range!

happy hunting and Merry Christmas,

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
I would just love to continue to get the deals I have this year. I may not be able to keep many but at least it is a pleasure handling them.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 1508
posted
If we are gonna dream big, then I'm hoping for a 1940's Hamilton Model 21 Ships Chronometer! All complete, with it's original mahogany box, and working like a dream. Don't have any children or real estate to sell, so I guess it will always remain just a dream. Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
quote:
Don't have any children . . . to sell, so I guess [getting a Hamilton Model 21 Chronometer] will always remain just a dream.

Brad, I hope you don't mean that you have already sold off all your children to finance your collection! If you have sold even one child, you should have gotten something better than a Model 21 in return.

If you aren't a child-seller, I have just what you are looking for, complete with both boxes and the massive aluminum shipping container, recently overhauled by Chris Abell, and ticking softly a few feet from me. I was not planning to sell it, but if it would make a dream come true, send me a private message. Perhaps we can work something out.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
posted
I finally was able to pick up a 156 to go with my 162 so I guess I am ok for a while. I am waiting for the 156 so I will post pictures when it arrives.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Brad stole my wish for a Hamilton Model 21. So Ethan if Brad doesn't sell his future firstborn or spare kidney or soul to buy yours, then I hope you can make my wish come true.

John III

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I also have a model 21 with both boxes I planned on trying to sell after the new year. Maybe everyone can get their model 21's.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1508
posted
LOL! Ethan! Naw, my child is all grown up and going to college, so I can't sell her (and besides, I love her too darned much). As for your offer, my wife would be having me sign divorce papers if I bought one right now. I also have 2 cats, so I'd have to find a special place to put it. But thank you very much! So John, this may be your lucky day! Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
posted
I think Rob is right, if this economy stays weak, many dream watches will be on the market again in 2012. I acquired way too many in 2011...but prices seamed good on items I wanted.

Gary

Posts: 586 | Location: Bastrop, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2011
posted
I have to agree with Gary and Rob I have found some good deals since the economy went south. I doubt that 2012 will be much better once you get beyond the hyper-spin but that does mean there are some good deals out there.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
A Hamilton Mainliner to complete my collection of Hamilton factory advertised RR cases.

Merry Christmas Eve,
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Ok I will be on look out for few model 21 with box
for you all.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
For me a Hamilton with a Grand Trunk Pacific dial. I only choose the Hamilton because I am not aware of any other railway watches that have GTP dials.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Richard is this a Mainliner case.

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
I sold the Grand trunk in Feb 2011 Frown

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
quote:
I sold the Grand trunk in Feb 2011

And somewhere in the distance a grown man cried. Smile

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Eugene,
That’s a Model 5 case. The Mainliner case looks similar to the Keystone J Boss Railroader Case. Here’s a link to help distinguish the differences. Is THIS a Mainliner or a wannabee???

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
Picture of David A. Vasarab
posted
Ill be looking for a private label Jacob Hellfrich any make.
Happy Holidays all!!
Dave

Posts: 76 | Location: Parma, Northern Ohio USA | Registered: January 02, 2006
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
David,
Why are you looking for this particular private label?
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I would love 2 things,first a Royal Navy deck watch or chronometer issued from Herstmonceux Castle during WW2, as a memory of a war in which I lost 3 family members through enemy action at sea. Secondly ,enough money to pay for it if it comes up LOL, Merry Christmas to all and may all your New Years dreams and wishes come true Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
I'll be continuing my search for a 16s 21-jewel Illinois Stewart Special. I have 1/2 dozen 21-jewel examples in 12 size, but that 16s continues to be elusive. Maybe 2012 is the year Smile

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008