Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Kenosha Watch Case Co. question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
I have a Kenosha Watch Case Co. 18s hunter case. I have researched this in our IHC185 post and that is how I determined it was a Kenosha Watch Case Co. case. I did not see anywhere where anyone discussed what the cases are made of so I have two questions;

1) does anyone know what these cases were made of. I don't see anywhere where it says. My guess would be brass but I really do not know.

2) Kenosha is stamped in the Indian's head band but it is stamped backwards like you are looking into a mirror. The "K" is at the Indian Chiefs forehead and Kenosha is spelled out to the left where the last letter is "A". So it is spelled out from right to left instead of left to right and each letter is facing the wrong way.

Is this normal? It is a beautiful case and it has a Hamilton 929 movement in it but odd.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Harry, Check your e-mail for some info.
Best,
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002