Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Recognize this movement South Bend??? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Can anyone help me identify this private label. I think it is a South Bend but not sure any info is appreciated.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Never mind I found it in the book it looks to be a model #1 grade 291. THe regulator threw me off when I first looked at it. I wonder what the "Special" on the movement is for??

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Hi Rob,
I think Mr Billings wanted it to say "Special", so he ordered it as such Big Grin
IMHO of course Wink
regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
Rob-

Oddly enough, a lot of the private labels made by South Bend around that time also included the word "Special". This is also seen on a lot on Hamilton private labels. I would assume it was another way for the jeweler to catch the attention of the buyer, with it being a "Special" watch. There's another example of this on ebay currently, of a south bend marked "Lincoln H. Bucks Special" on the dial.

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
And if you want to sell this Private Label, I would be more than happy to add it to my collection Smile

jaredbrinker@hotmail.com

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Hey Jared I already have it ready to list on Ebay so just keep your eyes open on Ebay. The movement looks complete but roller jewel is broken and the case is in poor shape so you probably be able to pick it up cheap.