Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Fusee Identification "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Brian C.
posted
I just picked up a fusee that is signed on movement, S.E. Howard, Lord St. London. Anyone ever heard of this watch before? The case dates this watch to 1854.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
I can't find the maker listed in any of my books. Is it possible to post a picture of the movement ?

Posts: 27 | Location: Warrington, in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Hi Brian, Oh my. You have in your possession a British made Howard. You could really have some fun with that one on E-Bay.

Tom

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Hi Tom,
Yes I could have some fun on eBay with it but I'll bet the 185ers would be all over me like flys on peanut butter.

Hi David, I have to get my camera out this weekend and I'll try and post some pictures.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Here are some pics of the S.E. Howard Fusee.

Picture of Brian C.
posted

Picture of Brian C.
posted

Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
"E.Howard & Co" made watches in London? Confused

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hi All , MY tired old Eyes see LIVERPOOL not London. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Ged,
It is Liverpool, sorry.
It certainly is not the E. Howard Watch Co. we know. This one says S.E. Howard.
Brian C.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Brian,

You could have fun with that one... in fact you are! Big Grin

That's Edward Howard's cousin Samuel Ezekiel Howard, hence the "S. E. Howard"... or was that another direction, like South/East? Or... maybe it's a "Special Edition Howard" which is the finest of all the English Howards!

Yeah that's it, the Special Edition Howard! Eek

Lindell

Roll Eyes

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
Loomes lists a John Howard as being active in 1851. in Liverpool .

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Lindell,
You are correct. I believe it stands for Special Edition Howard. It must be worth a fortune. Maybe I'll put it on eBay with a $1,000,000 reserve and a $2,000,000 buy it now. I'll start it at $.01. If it sells, I'll donate most of the money to Chapter 185.
Brian C.