Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

16s Hamilton 992 and other 16s Case Screws "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Clark Reed
posted
QUESTION: Were there two types of case screws supplied with Hamilton 16s movements ?? I have bought "original Hamilton" watches with both the convex style case screws and also the flat head type of case screws. Sometimes the flat head screws were on 992's, but it seems to me that more of the flat head screws came on 956 - 974 - 978 models than the 992 watches. Or.... perhaps it is a date/time issue. Enlightenment is always appreciated.

Clark Reed

Posts: 531 | Location: Anderson, South Carolina in the USA | Registered: April 09, 2013
Picture of Dan Carter
posted
I have rounded and flat end case as well as bridge screws for my Hammy 16s. I think the were rounded for the earlier ones and then the 992Bs started offering the flat style ones.

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
As Dan said, the 992's came with the rounded screws, and the 992B's with the flat screws. It is important to note that the later model 992B's came with a completely different round head screw.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010