Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton RR watch case "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1110
posted
I wasn't sure exactly where to post this question,so I'll try here.I have a 992L in a Hamilton model 6 WGF case.All it says in the back is "Hamilton Railroad Model" 14K gold filled,and SN 716262.There's no manufacturer name.Am I right to think it's a Wadsworth? I saw the nice collection shown by Weldon Hopkins, he showed the same case, but he didn't specify the maker.Thanks!, Ted Brown.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Hi Ted,
I don't know for sure, but I don't think I ever saw a Wadsworth case that wasn't marked. And I think perhaps the mod 6 case is a Keystone case, but again a guess on my part.
However, the 16sz Hamilton Wadsworth cases were always marked, to my knowledge, either starting with a "0"[zero], an "H" or a "J". So I would assume if it begins with a 1 thru a 9, its not a Wadsworth case Wink
I don't have a mod 6 case available but I would also look on the bottom of the case rim below the 6 o'clock position for any other markings. Hope that helps Big Grin
regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1110
posted
Thanks Buster, I'll look at it again., Ted.

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Ted,
It's a Fahys. Here's the link to the Hamilton Factory Railroed cases.Identify Your Hamilton 992 Series Factory Case!
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Member 1110
posted
Richard, Thank you for that!I didn't realize that info was on here.I should have searched better I guess...Ted.

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Ted,
You're welcome, the way I remember to find the link is to type in (identify 992) in the Find-Or-Search option and it's the first link that comes up.
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010