Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Are these hands correct for this 990 Hamilton? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I just bought this and Think the hands are in correct. This is the same 990 that I am needing a dial for it is a 4 footed one. My first 990 Hamilton and I'm as happy as a lark that I found it at the local Fleamarket.

I'm sure these hands would of been easy to read on a dark night in the cab of an old coal burner Locomotive.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is the movement.

IHC Life Member
posted
Would a set of hands like these been more age appropriate. This is a 974 Pendant set that I will list to sell.

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
IMHO the answer is neither. The first set of hands is too late and the second set is too early. What you want for a 990 is a matched set of Hamilton heavy spade hands, as illustrated on page 365 of the fat book.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
Is the fat book the one they sell Here. Thank you for you posts.

IHC Member 1508
posted
Ed, if you could possibly post a picture of what Gene is looking for, I may be able to help him, as I think I may have those particular hands. Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Gene,

The book Ed refers to is "Complete Guide to Watches" the latest edition which we sell here, delivered price to IHC Members is only $27.95 to any address in the world or only $37.95 including dues...

Join and Support the Internet Horology Club 185™

About your hands, the image below shows what is normally considered correct for your watch. It would be great if Brad can help you with this project. Thanks to Brad for offering to help!

Lindell

Wink

Early 16-size Hamilton with correct hands...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1508
posted
Thanks Lin. Yep, I've got a pair. Let me know if you want them Gene. Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Brad my email is genebuff@charter.net

Thank You Please send the info there. Cost- shipping.