• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with Ball ID "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello Everyone, I could use some help with the I.D. of this Ball watch. It's the first one I have owned and I'm having trouble figuring out who made it.

Thanks
Richard

Posts: 94 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: February 21, 2012
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Richard,

It's a 16S Ball-Waltham Official RR Standard watch (RRG & RRA). The easiest way to tell is that with the pendant pointing up, the top case screw is on the right. If the top case screw was on the left of the upward-pointing pendant, it would be a Ball-Hamilton.

When you become a bit more familiar with all the various Ball 16S Official RR Standard models, you will realize that Waltham made 17, 19, 21 and 23-jewel models, but Hamilton made only 21 & 23-jeweled models.

BTW, nice example. The 19-jewel model has a jeweled barrel. B268241 is from a 1920 production run of 2000 (B267901-B269900).

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Thanks Ed, am I reading the Complete Price Guide correct showing my watch with ABP/$275?

Richard

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Yes, that's the listed low-book (wholesale) price for an example in "average" condition, but your watch is much better than average, so as a Ball collector, I'd value it about $450.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Thanks again Ed. I have to double check myself every now and then. With a little knowledge and a little money I'm dangerous at times. I've been known to turn $500 into $200 in no time Wink

Richard