Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rockford's Model 6, Full, 3/4, 1/2 Plate? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Rockford responded to their (own designers?) sales feedback about the difficulty of reassembling full plate watches with an enormously complicated Model 6. This full-3/4-1/2 (?) plate design movement was finished with a vastly machined and structured top plate full of special pockets, pivots, removable bridges and billet-machined backside bosses . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
designed to separately facilitate the assembly of the Full escapement set (Balance Wheel, Pallet fork arm and escape wheel from the top side of the top plate! A most unique package!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
For the collector who likes to "feel" the applied intuitive knowledge of our forefathers of technology and their experiments in better designs, this watch is a CLASSIC! Albeit a short lived experiment, and lord knows where the "Miller Watch Co." fits into the picture, all fits into an even more interesting subject.
(Note the orange blush on the dial is an "optical delusion", the dial is clean)

posted
Great informative post Dave, I really like how easy the pallet fork assembly is so easily placed prior to final assembly. I also appreciate the detailed photos you post with your detailed descriptions.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
I agree with Ray. I've always liked the looks of this model and wanted to own one, but I haven't ever worked on one, so I was unaware of the purpose of the exposed escapement. The only bad thing with it I can see is that it would be easier for grime to get into the escapement area and affect the timing of the watch. I guess thats better than a broken watch!

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
I have one of these that I am intending to sell. If there is any interest, I will tke some pictures.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Jerry, Pictures please!

posted
I think you got a bite Jerry! now just have to let him take it in a little more and set the hook!Big Grin

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
I will post more pictures later.

posted
here is the movement. #249869

posted
Jerry sending again, I dont know how to run this site.i am interested in your model 6 rockford
jeff

jeff moses

Posts: 15 | Location: Iowa in the USA | Registered: February 24, 2012
posted
Jeff: I am asking $325 plus shipping and insurance costs. E-mail me at gnfwatches@yahoo.com

posted
Jerry I want it. I sent you an email
Jeff

jeff moses

Posts: 15 | Location: Iowa in the USA | Registered: February 24, 2012