Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

This really touched my heart. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
As some of you know I am trying to learn this amazing hobby and with your help I am learning a lot. The way I describe all of you to my wife is you are all friends I have not meet yet.

I sell stuff on Ebay and here occasionally to help fund my hobby. I am not in this as a business it is just a hobby. As you know the Bay can be a pretty thankless even hateful place to buy and sell with all the misinformation and so many out there just trying to make a quick buck.

This email I received tonight really made it all worth while to me. I got it out of the blue from someone who did not buy my item and it really touched my heart because this is exactly how I would like to be thought of. This was a real honor for me to get this email.

"Hi,
I will be adding you to my favorite sellers list because of this add. I am so pleased after years of restoring and collecting pocket watches and other stuff this has to be the most HONEST and greatest description I have ever seen on the web. You should be commended and have earned my trust with your truthfull and honest description of these items. Thank You for restoring a little faith in my mind about sellers. (2 dirty filthy pocket watch cases) WOW none of that junk about rare railroad cases that need a little help. Your a great and Honest person and I would love to know you personally. Great job and I as a pocket watch collector and repairman am very proud of you. THANK YOU Dan"

Posts: 3858 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Good for you Harry.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1508
posted
Wow Harry! That is wonderful! Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Good going Harry! That's the kind of feedback you like to get.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Mostly on Ebay I look at the pictures since sometimes when you look at an item and then read the description you begin to wonder what they were "smoking, taking or drinking" and if whatever that happened to be if it were legal to share it!!! I understand they are trying to sell something and to put and describe the item in the best possible light but with some sellers "Shakespeare" would be proud of their creativity.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
posted
Great going Harry, nice to receive that kind of compliment

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
That is really great Harry!

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
It is always nice when a buyer takes time to email you and say good things about you and your honesty in listing. I used to get a few when I was gawatch but since starting under my new name I have only received one. Great job Harry

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Robert, after you sent me the safety swivel, you're still tops in MY book. Smile

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3832 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Member 1610
posted
I'm sure Rob has helped us all out if he could. I know Rob has come to my rescue a couple of times and the items I have bought from Rob have always been as described, well packaged and shipped promptly. AND he is a good ole Georgia boy!

IHC Member 1110
posted
Harry, isn't it nice to know that there are still a few thoughtful people out there after all!Congrats, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
Picture of Dan Carter
posted
Ya know Harry, I can tell from your posts that you are all that message says you are! It is nice to read something like that. I was not the Dan that originally sent it to you, but I echo his sentiments exactly.

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
I want to thank each and every one of you for the kind words. When people you have never met say such kind words about you then you can not help but be humbled. Thank you very much.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Agreed 100%,Dan.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3832 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Harry,
Sounds like a good person to tell about 185. Smile

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002