WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    Time to re-ask the experts about these marks do you know these marks?
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Time to re-ask the experts about these marks do you know these marks? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of David Flegel
posted
Does anyone know the maker of this chronograph from the marks

Posts: 1212 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 06, 2012
Picture of David Flegel
posted

Picture of David Flegel
posted

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
.935 is Silver for sure.
the top marks are not so good try to take the picture in micro mode (flower icon) on your camera.
I just got the same movement from Buster B
can you tell me the name on that dial.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
David, I cropped and edited your second photo for a better look at the trademarks.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
Picture of David Flegel
posted
There is no name on the dial.
Thanks Eric for your time and effort.

Picture of David Flegel
posted
Could someone have another look at this. I have it narrowed down to Swiss Sterling Silver. The quality marks differ, there are two marks that say .925 and one that says .935. The top mark is just a number 1934693 and is on the back of the hinged back cover as well as the cuvette. I have not been able to identify the circle with the "U" inside or the "M"

Picture of David Flegel
posted
Dial

Picture of Martin Wagner
posted
Why would you think that the maker of the case was the maker of the movement.....?

Posts: 420 | Location: Alabama in the USA | Registered: January 26, 2012
Picture of David Flegel
posted
As a beginner at this I would ask. Might not the maker of the movement stamp their mark on the case? There appears to be nothing on the movement to identify the maker and the "M" in particular appears only on the back of the cover and all other marks also appear on the cuvette.

posted
The "M" appears to me to be the case makers name/logo.I wish I could give you a website to look these up. Maybe this query should also be posted in the European watch forum.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
Picture of David Flegel
posted
BTW the marks on your chrono' case are the London import marks for London 1927, and it's Swiss silver of 0.935 grade purity, Sterling Silver is 0.925 grade.
The 'M' in the shield is the London date letter, the standing bears are Swiss silver hallmarks.

Thanks to John Woolsey