Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Good "Second Reference" for PW's "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
"American Pocket Watches" by Roy Ehrhardt and Bill Meggers is (in my opinion) the VERY BEST "second reference" for Pocket Watches. This 400+ page intensely illustrated volume includes Many Many Movement drawings, pictures, names and descriptions with (1980's vintage) collector valuations that are non-existent in the "Complete Price Guide", yet essential in making an intelligent determination about a watch, especially when you just have a foggy "ebay" shot.
These books show up on eBay from time to time. I got mine by just checking again & again and . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Also, the nice plastic covers that 185er's get with their Complete Price Guide fit this too. I includ a scan of a page I did for a 185'er who was inquiring about more info on the 18s Hamilton "Banner"

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
David,

I have this in a large print 8 1/2 x 11 version also. A must for any collector and an incredible work in its time. A little confusing at first as one has to understand the notations and indicies, but easily mastered.

Bill Kapp

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004