Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ingraham Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi All,
Can anyone give me an idea what age this watch would be please, and were they manufactured in large numbers?
I dug it out of one of my 'bits' boxes yesterday. It's seen a bit of life and expect it's just junk, but curious anyway.
The only type I've found similar is that in Shugart's book showing the suspected 'Hopalong fake'.

The movement is a basic pin pallet type and runs quite well.
The bezel and back are thin brass covers, black lacquered, the case band either chrome or nickel on brass, and the dial a one piece disc the full width of the movement.
The movement is stamped "The E'Ingraham Company' - Bristol Conn. USA".

It'll be going on Ebay soon and would like to be reasonably accurate about it in my description.

Best regards to all,

John Woolsey

Ingraham PW

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
John, On Ingraham watches, the date of mfg is stamped on the back plate, ie 4-60 (April 1960).

Tom

posted
Tom, many thanks for that tip, never knew.
This one's 1-38, so looks like Jan 1938?

I'm assuming these type watches are really cheap junk and not worth bothering with, but I suppose someone somewhere will love it Big Grin

Best regards
John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006