WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton (Ball) 18 sz case screws & reg adj screws "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Marty, my local repairman, tells me these are hard to come by. My ignorance when it comes to repairs is limitless, but I would have thought case screws at least should be easily obtained.

Is the regulator adjusting screw for Ball Hamilton's unique to the Ball watches?

I am going to post a request in WTB, but thought I should ask for information here.

happy hunting

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Bill,

The Ball 18S regulator was completely different from the corresponding Hamilton regulator, such as you might find on a 940 or 944.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Hi Bill, Hi Ed, Your question is a little vague but if I hear correctly (or read correctly), case screws for an 18s Ball are easy to get as they are same as any 18s Hamilton grade 924, 925, 926, 936... As for the regulator screw, you will find that a bit more difficult to find as they are specific to 18s Ball movements only. hope this helps, regards Joe

Posts: 311 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2011
posted
Thanks Joe and Ed

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
posted
Hi Bill, I'll be more specific, The early 18s hamiltons 924->926 with early serial #'s 220xxx (1902 and before) have all the EXACT same "domed" case screws, plate screws, balance cock screw, set lever arm and spring, upper plate screws as all the 18s Ball Hamiltons. After Hamilton serial #'s 220xxx 924->926 the case screw heads and plate screws, barrel screws changed to a flat heads. best regards Joe.

Posts: 311 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2011