Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Star W.C.C. Monikers "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1508
posted
Hi all. I'm a bit curious as to the names that the Star Watch Case Company put on some of their cases, such as "Stellar" and "Scepter". Any ties to gold thicknesses? I have a beautiful "Stellar" model that looks to be gold filled, but there is no info on the case claiming such. Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Brad, That is 10K Rolled Gold Plate.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
IHC Member 1508
posted
Thanks Larry. I've got one here that says "Defiance" in it, it looks like it was made out of brass. Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
This one is kind of confusing Brad, as it says Rolled Plate, but then there is a hand written note beside it that says "also Base Metal"

This book was given to me by my watchmaker and he added notes now and then. It is just copied pages that he has kept over the years, but it is by Roy Ehrhardt, so I would think it is pretty accurate.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010