WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

18s Hamilton "Special" Private Label from IL - YEAH!!! "Click" to Login or Register 

posted
1909 model 927

Watch was in a totally brassed out OF case with a blasted hand eating plastic crystal. The dial was covered with a layer of gunk and crud from many yrs of neglect.

To my surprise the dial turned out well

Hands had to be replaced

And a super nice case was required

Movement is stamped " Overstreets - Special" Farmers City, IL. And has all the bling with the Gold Screws...

Dial is true DS with "Overstreet Special"

Finally an IL private label 18s Hamilton

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011

posted

posted

posted

posted
c

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Excellent save.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1508
posted
Very VERY nice Jon! Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010

posted
I should have posted Mr. Ugly - at the beginning

IHC Member 1508
posted
Amazing! It is really wonderful when you can turn a diamond in the rough into something truly special again. Great job Jon! Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010

posted
Sir Brad,

I have to give some credit (yes - it hurts) to Jarod. He found this watch and was kind enough to share. Paid too much as it was, but thought when would be the next time I find another private label Hammie from the midwest (IL).

Thanks for your kind words...

Wink

Now to finish this 929 Hammie...

Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Jon, very nice, I'm always on the lookout for private label watches from my area. I have a 924 from New Brighton, Pa., marked F. M. Langnecker on movement and dial. So far my only Western Pa. watch, about 50 miles from my place.
Gary

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
posted
Very nice job, well done Jon
John

Posts: 299 | Location: Mount Brydges, Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 10, 2005
posted
Nice work, Jon. Smile

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Cool Watch Jon.
I have seen Hamilton Private Labels marked
" Special " " Leader " and " Standard "
does anyone know what these markings mean ?

Posts: 352 | Location: Southeast Michigan in the USA | Registered: March 22, 2012

posted
Thanks All -

Jack,

Here is a link that has some really neat 18s Hamiltons

http://www.oldwatch.com/hamilton.html

IHC Member 1508
posted
Hey Jon! Just found a gorgeous Hammie Private-Label out of Rockford, IL that you might be interested in. I posted it over in "Pitfalls". Go have a look. Brad

IHC Member 1110
posted
Nice job on a nice private label, Jon.How many body parts did you have to give up for that case?Nice hunting cases are really hard to find and harder to pay for!Best regards, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008

posted
Ted,

For that little old case?

Roll Eyes