Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

18 sz OF LS Empire State case "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Douglas Addy
posted
I have this rather nice 20 yr. case that now houses a Waltham, Cresent street HC watch. My question is would this case be proper for a Hamilton OF watch , Models 924 926, 932, 936, 938, 940, 942 circ 1896-1906.
Thanks
Doug

Posts: 138 | Location: Magdalena, New Mexico USA | Registered: April 01, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Douglas Addy
posted

IHC Life Member
Picture of Douglas Addy
posted

posted
Douglas, Yes, your case would be proper for a Hammy. Question--are there already extra screwmarks in the back of your case? If no extra screwmarks are present, your Waltham just might be original to that case. Yes, HC movements were routinely cased in OF cases for customers at their request.

If there are no extra screwmarks and the movement is original to that case, I would leave it alone. If there are already extra screwmarks then go ahead and recase.

Tom

IHC Life Member
Picture of Douglas Addy
posted
Tom
There is all ready one extra set of screw marks on the case. This is the reason I am thinking about changing out movement. I hope I can dimminish these marks a bit.
Thanks
Doug