Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

William Whites crystals "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Just got a supply of crystals from William White, they are extremely well finished with high polished edges, I also found out he can supply in different thicknesses.
Thanks again

Chris

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Glass or plastic,sizes,and cost?

Posts: 52 | Location: Richland, Washington USA | Registered: April 19, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Hi George,

The convex beveled edge crystals I make for American open face pocket watches are made from either 1.8mm borosilicate or 1.5 & 1.2mm drawn water white glass, 1.8mm being the most popular for 16s RR's. Any diameter between 35 - 50mm is priced at $10.95 ea. + $5.95 S&H for any quantity. Also available are larger convex or flat beveled glasses up to 110mm. Available thickness' are 1.8, 2.0, 2.8, 3.3 & 4.0mm. Prices for these range from between $24.95 - $100.00 depending on size, thickness and application. I will also fabricate verge-fusee high dome glass crystals with or without flat bullseye for $89.00. All types of glass used are very clear and exhibit no edge color. I'm not offering hunting glass at this time but hope to in the future.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

George,

Here is a previous topic where we got into this in depth...

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1086047761/m/9261042023

William is fulfilling a serious need in our hobby and doing it well.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Hi William,

Keep making those great crystals!!! I sure have been happy with the crystals you have sent me over the last couple of years. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks,

Rob

Posts: 580 | Location: Kingsport, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: November 26, 2002
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Chris,
Great Post!

I need so many I can hardly even think about it, but it is time to get my 2 near perfect watches finished, so this is going to help a lot.

Thank you!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Member 1016
posted
I have purchased several crystals from William White. They are nicely finished and fit well (when I measure correctly). Great price and service.

Mike

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Chris, Rob & Mike,

Thanks for the boost! I'm really happy to hear that my crystals are well received.

And to Sheila,

Whenever you're ready, I'll be glad to do my part in helping your near perfect watches look even better.

Thanks all!

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Adter reading the posts about White's crystals, I asked William to make a couple Crystals for some especially nice Waltham 8 Day clocks I am planning to fully restore. He quoted me a good price (about $25 each) and I sent him the bezels for fitment.

They arrived nyesterday (within 2 weeks of my sending the bezels!) and when I made the gentle "test fit" on both bezels with their matched crystals there was that TOTALLY REWARDING "schnick" sound as each crystal snapped into place permanently!

No Glue, it is perfectly fitted to the bezel.

Mr. White, you have created a remarkable resource! Welcome again and THANK YOU! We will be doing more business.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
David,

Thank you. We do our best here at White's Crystal MFG.

William