Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Coin silver cases "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
With the rise in metal prices I wondered how many of us consider coin or sterling cases for use or are they being scrapped. I have been looking for nice coin and sterling cases for some time and have to wonder how many are being scrapped. I saw an early silver case for an N size Howard that somebody scrapped at a local pawn shop and it really was not at the scrap point. Most collectors would rather not scrap a case unless it is beyond saving but how many can afford 14 or 18k solid gold cases?

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Deacon, first I am very happy and relieved to see you "back in action"! We certainly share a preference to carefully preserve silver alloyed Coin and sterling cases. I especially like the Coin Silver given that they were actually made from coin currency material meaning they were alloyed for long wear and good looks.

The early Key Wind, Railroad Grades and Transitional maodels are always very handsomely presented in these cases.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Thanks David! I have some attractive coin silver hunters that have lost their bezels and I have never had much luck finding bezels that fit. Any ideas for bezels anyone? I hate to scrap coin silver hunters in otherwise good shape.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
How about having a gold filled bezel rhodium plated Confused

That is, if you have a gold filled bezel that will work/fit.....

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hey Deacon, I will echo Davids sentiment, it's great to see you posting again....

The thing that I do, Deacon, is send the case to Leon, he will put a bezel and crystal on the case for you....especially if it's a Hunter. I would check with him first though....

I too really love the Silver, Coin, Sterling or even the 800 swiss cases....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008