Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois mainspring part number "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi Hi

I am in need of a part number for the mainspring for my latest addition . During cleaning I noticed that the mainspring was broke in half. I would like to replace it, but I'm not sure which one and cant find a site with the info. The serial is 1811996. Thanks in advance.

Jim

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That should be Illinois factory catalog order number 6840, part number 124, or catalog order number 6841, part number 573. Either should work.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thanks David, now the search begins. Smile

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Jim, I have a good workable used one you can have free or a new White Steel one you can have for $20.00 ppd.

E-mail me with what you prefer to;

david@glopar.com

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thanks David,
Is the whits steel one of those that shouldnt break?

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
White steel springs last longer.