WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    Can Anyone Help Me With Any Info On A Bradley Bros. Pocket Watch
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can Anyone Help Me With Any Info On A Bradley Bros. Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can anyone help me with some info on this pocket watch? The only thing I can find on this watch is that the Bradley Bros. were jewelers at 220 York Street, Windsor, Ontario, Canada. They were listed in the Essex County Business Directory in 1899 and also in the Ontario Commercial Year Book and Gezetteer in 1906. It appears to be a size 12. Any info would be great. Like year made? Did they make this movement or was it made by someone else for them? Did they have a jewellery store or were they just watch maker's in the day? I've included 3 pictures of the watch to help. Thanks.
Regards, Gord

Posts: 60 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: August 30, 2009
posted

posted

IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Gord

This is an Elgin 12s grade 233 15j made 1900.

Keith

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
it looks like Elgin watch to me grade 233
check this link.
http://pocketwatchdatabase.com...result/elgin/8480069

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
The micro regulator is a give away as Elgin. I do not think any other maker ever used a similar set up. I like it but then I like all the Hampdens with what I call the Hampden golf club regulator which also seems to be only found on Hampdens.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
posted
Thanks Keith, Peter, and Richard for the info it's much appreciated. I'm going to look up the Elgin size 12 grade 233 to learn more about this watch. You guy's are a big help thanks again.

Regards, Gord Smile