• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Male winding stem "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I recently purchased an 18s Waltham movement. It has a male stem. I don't know what to make of it or what to do with it. Please help. Ed

Posts: 35 | Location: South Carolina in the USA | Registered: January 18, 2012
IHC Member 1613
posted
Ed,
This should be moved to Pocket Watch Discussions..Anyhow I have had a few watch movement that have the male winding stems and they have cases with the female winding stems in them. I will look and see if I still have one and try to post a couple pictures..I'm not sure if the male stem in the movement can be swapped out or not maybe someone else can shed a little more light on that...

Posts: 2010 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Moved to Pocket watch forum

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
posted
Thank you, my mistake. Thank you also for the reply, Ed

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Ed Waltham made a large number of movements with Male Winding stems ranging from size 6 to size 18. If you can add to this post what the serial number is, that would help a lot.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
I recently had a Waltham movement with a male stem installed in a case and Leon simply took the male stem in the case and replaced it with a female stem....

I didn't know the stems in the movements could be changed....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 1613
posted
What a female stem looks like..

Female winding stem

Posts: 2010 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
I agree with Jerry the crown stems can be changed..

posted
Great googly moogly you fellows are fast! The serial # is: 2981551. I have an old "train wreak" Waltham(my first project watch), and the stems don't seem interchangable. May be I will need to build up some inventory on stems and sleaves.